1 hr 15 mins
I'm told by everyone, this is from heaven, have only had one spoonful to taste it and I think they are right! A little time consuming to make but apparently worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices egg bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grand Marnier custard sauce (See Grand Marnier Custard Sauce posted in Recipezaar)
- 1Brush both sides of bread slices with butter, place on baking sheet, bake at 400°F oven until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium high heat until bubbles form at edge.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks and sugar.
- 6Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 7Arrange bread in 9 inch square baking dish, pour custard over.
- 8Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap.
- 9Place slightly smaller dish on top and weigh down with heavy cans.
- 10Let pudding stand for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove weights and plastic wrap.
- 12Cover dish with foil and puncture with fork to allow steam to escape.
- 13Place baking dish in larger shallow baking dish.
- 14Pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up sides of pan.
- 15Bake in 325°F oven until firm, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 16Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 17(Pudding can be covered and refrigerated overnight and reheated gently or served cold.) To serve, cut bread pudding into squares.
- 18Pool a little Grand Marnier custard sauce on each plate and top with bread pudding square.
- 19Pour more sauce over if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding With Grand Marnier Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 259.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g