Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got the peanut butter sauce from Chef #631739. Thought it would be a good combo with this insanely rich but sinfully delicious dessert.
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml pure vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml hershey's dark chocolate cocoa, unsweetened
- 29.58 ml instant espresso powder
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 170.09 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 loaf challah, cut into one-inch cubes
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 236.59 ml peanut butter chips
- 78.07 ml milk
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- Butter a 10 x 14-inch deep baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, salt, milk, and cream, sugar, cocoa and instant espresso powder in a large bowl until well combined. Add half the chopped chocolate and chips along with the bread and fold to blend thoroughly and bread is moist. Pour into the prepared baking dish. top with remaining chocolate bits.
- Cover with foil and set aside in refrigerate over night.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Bake for 45 min to 1 hour until firm, remove cover and bake for additional 10 min until top is brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Sauce: Melt REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips with milk and whipping cream in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Cool to room temperature. (yields 1 cup).