1/2 Photos of Chocolate Bread Pudding W/ Peanut Butter Sauce
8 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
I got the peanut butter sauce from Chef #631739. Thought it would be a good combo with this insanely rich but sinfully delicious dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hershey's dark chocolate cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 loaves challah, cut into one-inch cubes
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1Butter a 10 x 14-inch deep baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, salt, milk, and cream, sugar, cocoa and instant espresso powder in a large bowl until well combined. Add half the chopped chocolate and chips along with the bread and fold to blend thoroughly and bread is moist. Pour into the prepared baking dish. top with remaining chocolate bits.
- 3Cover with foil and set aside in refrigerate over night.
- 4Preheat the oven to 325°F Bake for 45 min to 1 hour until firm, remove cover and bake for additional 10 min until top is brown.
- 5Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 6Peanut Butter Sauce: Melt REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips with milk and whipping cream in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- 7Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 8Cool to room temperature. (yields 1 cup).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding W/ Peanut Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.3
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 261.5 mg
- Sodium 540.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g