5 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sarah McD.'s Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe is great for potlucks. The kids love it and so do I. The surprise, cocoa almonds!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs and yolks. Slowly whisk in the sugar and salt until thoroughly combined. Pour the heavy cream into a medium saucepan. Heat over med-high heat until steaming. Add the chocolate to the heavy cream and whisk until completely melted. Slowly temper the heavy cream mixture to the egg mixture until combined. Strain the mixture through a sieve and into a large heatproof measuring cup. Add the vanilla extract.
- 2Put the buscuit cubes into a 9x11 inches baking sheet lined with Reynolds Wrap and pour the heavy cream-egg mixture over the buscuits covering the buscuits with as much mixture as you can. Let it cool for 1 hour. Cover with Reynolds Wrap and refrigerate for 5 hours and up to 24 hours.
- 3Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer the bread mixture into a large mixing bowl and fold in the almonds, return to baking sheet. Cover the mixture lightly with Reynolds Wrap and bake for 70 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until no liquid custard is visible when you poke a small whole i the center with a knife, bake 20 to 40 minutes more.
- 4Let pudding cool on a baking rack. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding Surprise #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.9
- Calories from Fat 691
- Total Fat 76.8 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 306.3 mg
- Sodium 347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated buttermilk biscuits