Recipe by Sarah McD.
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe is great for potlucks. The kids love it and so do I. The surprise, cocoa almonds!!!!!
- 7 egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups prepared refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 cups cocoa rubbed almonds, chopped
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs and yolks. Slowly whisk in the sugar and salt until thoroughly combined. Pour the heavy cream into a medium saucepan. Heat over med-high heat until steaming. Add the chocolate to the heavy cream and whisk until completely melted. Slowly temper the heavy cream mixture to the egg mixture until combined. Strain the mixture through a sieve and into a large heatproof measuring cup. Add the vanilla extract.
- Put the buscuit cubes into a 9x11 inches baking sheet lined with Reynolds Wrap and pour the heavy cream-egg mixture over the buscuits covering the buscuits with as much mixture as you can. Let it cool for 1 hour. Cover with Reynolds Wrap and refrigerate for 5 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer the bread mixture into a large mixing bowl and fold in the almonds, return to baking sheet. Cover the mixture lightly with Reynolds Wrap and bake for 70 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until no liquid custard is visible when you poke a small whole i the center with a knife, bake 20 to 40 minutes more.
- Let pudding cool on a baking rack. Serve warm.