1/1 Photo of Chocolate Bread Pudding (Paula Deen)
1 hr 20 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the book, The Lady & Sons Too! By Paula Deen. I saw Paula make this on a Food Network DVD and it looks delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g Italian bread (about 15 cups) or 453.59 g French bread, cut into cubes (about 15 cups)
- 709.77 ml milk
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 59.14 ml hershey cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 226.79 g semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 3Place the bread in the baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream and liqueur.
- 5In another bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the cocoa powder and mix well.
- 6Add this to the milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- 7Add the vanilla and almond extracts and the cinnamon to the beaten eggs.
- 8Combine the egg mixture with the milk mixture and mix well.
- 9Stir in the grated chocolate.
- 10Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes;.
- 11Let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the milk mixture.
- 12Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until set;.
- 13a knife inserted into the center of the pudding should come out clean.
- 14Serve the pudding warm or refrigerate it and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 361.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g