1/1 Photo of Chocolate Bread Pudding (Paula Deen)
1 hr 20 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the book, The Lady & Sons Too! By Paula Deen. I saw Paula make this on a Food Network DVD and it looks delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian bread (about 15 cups) or 1 lb French bread, cut into cubes (about 15 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hershey cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 3Place the bread in the baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream and liqueur.
- 5In another bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the cocoa powder and mix well.
- 6Add this to the milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- 7Add the vanilla and almond extracts and the cinnamon to the beaten eggs.
- 8Combine the egg mixture with the milk mixture and mix well.
- 9Stir in the grated chocolate.
- 10Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes;.
- 11Let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the milk mixture.
- 12Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until set;.
- 13a knife inserted into the center of the pudding should come out clean.
- 14Serve the pudding warm or refrigerate it and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 361.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g