Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a Paula Deen recipe :)
- 1 lb Italian bread, cubed (15 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur (optional, can sub coffee)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whisk together cream,milk and coffee or liquor.
- add sugars with cocoa and stir to combine well.
- add vanilla, almond and cinnamon to the eggs.
- stir into milk mixture.
- stir in chocolate chips.
- place bread cubes in a greased 13x9 in pan and pour liquid over it, let sit, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until most of the liquid is soaked up.
- bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- great with cream sauce or whipped cream.