Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I helped make these at my cooking class Operation Frontline. I was never a big fan of bread pudding until I had this bread pudding.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (soft) or 2 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature (soft)
- 9 slices bread (1/2-inch thin)
- 8 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs to blend the yolks and whites. Add the milk, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter and stir until well blended. If you are not using the nutmeg add an additional 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, break up bread into small, 1" pieces. Pour in milk mixture and press down on the bread to absorb the milk mixture.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or use muffin tin liners. Spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into the cups then add about 6 tablespoons chocolate chips. Add another tablespoon of the bread mixture and top with a few more chips (about 2 tablespoons).
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges of the bread are browned.