Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Alternative to regular bread pudding and for the chocolate lovers!
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- whipped cream, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and place the bread in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and liqueur.
- Using another bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the sugar mixture to milk mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon to beaten eggs.
- Combine the egg mixture to milk mixture and mix well.
- Stir the grated chocolate into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture over cubed bread in the pan.
- Let the mixture stand, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the milk mixture.
- Bake pudding for 1 hour or until set.
- Check by inserting a knife through the middle and it should come out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.