Recipe by Ceezie
I just had to save this recipe here - I have never heard or seen chocolate bread pudding before. This recipe came from Sara J. Jones
- 2 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces Kahlua or 4 ounces brandy
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 4 cups cubed stale French bread
- whipped cream (optional) or vanilla cream (optional)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch (6-cup) loaf pan.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, melted chocolate and Kahlua in a large bowl. When very smooth, stir in milk and mix well. Add bread and let stand for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure bread is evenly soaked.
- Ladle half the bread mixture into loaf pan. Spread remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips on top. Ladle remaining bread mixture over chocolate chips. Bake about 55 minutes, until center is set. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and chocolate sprinkles, if desired.