1 hr 25 mins
I saw this on an episode of Paula's Party and my mouth was watering. It looks so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread (about 15 cups) or 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into cubes (about 15 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pecan Rum Flambe Sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish fill with bread cubes.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and liqueur. In another bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the cocoa powder and mix well. Add the cocoa mixture to the milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- 4In a medium bowl, add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and the cinnamon to the beaten eggs. Combine the egg mixture with the milk mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes; let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the milk mixture. Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until set; a cake tester inserted into the center of the pudding should come out clean.
- 5Serve the pudding warm or cold, with Pecan Rum Flambe, dessert sauce.
- 6Rum Sauce.
- 7In a large skillet, melt the stick butter and add brown sugar, stir together. Add the pecans and cook until sugar has caramelized over medium-high heat. Turn off the stove and pour in the rum. Stand back and carefully light with a long lighter. Be careful; a flame will shoot up above the pan. As the alcohol cooks out, the flame will die down. Serve over chocolate bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.9
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 549.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g