1 hr 5 mins
Breakfast decadence or an after-dinner dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; butter a medium baking pan.
- 2Arrange bread pieces in the baking dish; scatter the chocolate over the bread.
- 3Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla; pour evenly over the bread and chocolate.
- 4Lightly pat the bread down in the custard.
- 5Let sit for 5-10 minutes; then stir and pat back down again, keeping the chocolate well distributed.
- 6A bit of the bread should remain above the custard.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden with oozing chocolate; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 251.6 mg
- Sodium 489.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g