- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 13 slices Texas toast thick bread, stale and cut into 1 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; coat a 9 inch spring form pan with softened butter.
- Melt chocolate chips with brown sugar and butter. Whisk.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, espresso powder and salt. Add bread cubes.
- Fold chocolate over bread mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool for 15 minutes, remove sides from the pan and slice.
- Recipe suggests serving with toppings, but sprinkled with a little powdered sugar is perfect!