1 hr 30 mins
This version of bread pudding, made with croissants and bittersweet chocolate, yields a decadent dessert that is truly sublime
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 325°F Lightly butter a 2-quart oval au gratin dish.
- 2Pour the milk and cream into a heavy saucepan. Place the vanilla bean on a work surface. Using a small, sharp knife, cut the bean in half lengthwise. Using the knife tip, scrape the seeds from the bean, then add the seeds and bean halves to the milk mixture. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 3Remove from the heat and whisk in the 5 oz. finely chopped chocolate until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove vanilla bean stalk.
- 4In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and salt until blended. Gradually pour the hot chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- 5Add the croissants and stir to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes, occasionally pressing the croissants into the mixture.
- 6Stir 3 oz. of the chopped chocolate into the croissant mixture and transfer to the prepared dish. Sprinkle the remaining chopped chocolate on top.
- 7Bake until a knife inserted near the center of the pudding comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 372.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: