Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chocolate bread pudding for those times that you need comfort!
Make and share this Chocolate Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf callah bread, crust removed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa. Into a greased 1-1/2 qt ovenproof dish - break up enough bread to fill it 2/3 full. Pour sugar & cocoa mixture over the bread. Toss lightly to coat the bread.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla & milk.
- Pour this over the bread and it should just cover the pieces.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes.
- (Optional)Sprinkle chips on top at end of baking and let melt. Serve with whipped cream.
What a great way to use leftover bread. DH added milk choc chips to his...I add white. MMM...MMM...Good!
I couldn't find callah bread so used a sweet french instead, this was very easy, the smell was heavenly and even with the chocolate chips the chocolate flavor stayed mellow, perfect for us as we don't like anything to rich or too sweet. Great comfort food!
Really good! I only had a 2 1/2 quart pan, so I filled it about halfway up with bread and that seemed to do the trick. This was so easy to make, and was great even with just skim milk (I'm a cream lover). I added the chips to the top five minutes before it was done, and I highly suggest using them. The more chocolate, the better! We served with ice cream.