- 1 loaf callah bread, crust removed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa. Into a greased 1-1/2 qt ovenproof dish - break up enough bread to fill it 2/3 full. Pour sugar & cocoa mixture over the bread. Toss lightly to coat the bread.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla & milk.
- Pour this over the bread and it should just cover the pieces.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes.
- (Optional)Sprinkle chips on top at end of baking and let melt. Serve with whipped cream.