1 hr 40 mins
This recipe is dangerous it causes severe Chocolate Swoon!!! I have made it with french bread and with challah, both are superb! Don't attempt this if you are on a diet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) French bread or 1 (1 lb) Italian bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated, i put 8 ounces of semi sweet morsels in my food processor
- whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease 13 x 9 pan.
- 3(I use butter flavored cooking spray).
- 4Place bread cubes in the pan.
- 5In a large bowl whisk the milk, cream and liqueur.
- 6In another bowl mix the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder.
- 7Add the sugar mixture to the milk mixture and mix well.
- 8Add the vanilla and almond extracts and cinnamon to the beaten eggs.
- 9Add egg mixture to the milk mixture and mix well.
- 10Stir the grated chocolate into the mixture.
- 11Pour over the bread cubes.
- 12Let the mixture stand, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the milk mixture.
- 13Bake for 1 hour or until set.
- 14Check pudding by inserting a knife into the middle, it should come out clean.
- 15Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 327.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g