Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding II
- 9 slices day-old white bread ((1/4)
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 15 ounces heavy cream (2 cups minus 2 tbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- double cream, chilled or whipping cream, for garnish
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut each slice into 4 triangles, set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate, cream, rum, sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and place over simmering water. cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is completely melted. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, then slowly add the chocolate mixture to them. spoon half of the mixture into a 7x9x2 baking dish. Arrange half the bread pieces in the next layer; repeat with chocolate and bread. Gently press the top layer down so it becomes covered with chocolate.
- Cover the dish with plastic and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours, and then refrigerate for 24 or 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F Bake on top shelf of oven til the top is crunchy, but the inside is soft, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 min before serving with whipped cream.