Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut each slice into 4 triangles, set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate, cream, rum, sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and place over simmering water. cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is completely melted. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, then slowly add the chocolate mixture to them. spoon half of the mixture into a 7x9x2 baking dish. Arrange half the bread pieces in the next layer; repeat with chocolate and bread. Gently press the top layer down so it becomes covered with chocolate.
- Cover the dish with plastic and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours, and then refrigerate for 24 or 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F Bake on top shelf of oven til the top is crunchy, but the inside is soft, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 min before serving with whipped cream.