Recipe by SueLynn
This is a yeast bread that is wonderful especially when served with chocolate butter.
Top Review by Mom to two picky eaters!
This bread is awesome! I don't have a bread machine, so I followed the recipe exactly up to that point. I found the dough to be a little on the sticky side, so I floured my countertop pretty well. I kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes, then put it in a greased bowl, covered with a cloth. I had preheated my oven to 170 and then shut it off (I usually add a bowl of water in the oven as well, but I forgot this time) so I set my dough in the oven to rise, for about an hour. I then punched the dough down and kneaded it again for several minutes before shaping into a loaf. I put this in a greased loaf pan and let it rise for about 45 minutes, until double. I cooked mine for 27 minutes. I made chocolate butter (#299248) to top the bread, and I just can't stay out of it! Thank you Sue Lynn! I plan on making a double batch tomorrow! Oh, my DH took some to work today. He topped his with White Chocolate Peanut Butter and said it was amazing :).
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set bread machine on manual white or white if you are going to bake in machine.
- Add ingredients to machine in order listed.
- When dough is ready, remove, shape, let rise for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes for a loaf.
- Serve with Chocolate Butter.