Prep 2 hrs
Cook 29 mins
A non-sweet yeast bread.This is really good spread with fruit flavored cream cheese,or regular cream cheese and jam.Combines 2 of my favorite things,homemdae bread and chocolate.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast (or 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- Mix 1 1/4 cups flour,yeast,cocoa,sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In saucepan,heat over medium-low heat milk,water,butter,and chocolate chips.
- Stir until chips have melted.
- Add to dry ingredients,beat at medium speed of hand mixer 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup flour,beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add egg.
- Beat until blended.
- With wooden spoon,stir in enough of the remaining flour to make firm dough.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in oiled bowl,turning to oil top.
- Cover with plastic.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour) Shape into 2 loaves and place into greased loaf pans.
- Let rise until doubled (avout 30 minutes) Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Turn onto wire racks to cool completely.