1 hr 45 mins
Another chocolate bread pudding to add to my collection. Made it for Thanksgiving dessert and it was a huge hit. The best thing is that cinnamon whipped cream tastes great with pumpkin and apple pie too! This one is not quite as decadent as the dark chocolate version I have posted. Note: I used a loaf of Hawaiian sweet bread but any quality white or sweet bread will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 cups crustless country white bread, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Brush 8x8x2 glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- 2Simmer half and half and brandy in heavy large saucepan3minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Add 1 cup chocolate chips. Let stand for 1 minute, then whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Whisk in brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Let stand until cool, about 20 minutes.
- 5Whisk in eggs, then vanilla and salt.
- 6Stir in bread. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 7Spread half of pudding mixture in prepared dish.
- 8Sprinkle with 2 cups chocolate chips.
- 9Cover with remaining pudding mixture.
- 10(Can be made one day ahead. Cover and Chill)
- 11Preheat oven to 350.
- 12Bake pudding uncovered until puffed and firm in center, about 45 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes.
- 14Beat chilled cream, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl until peaks form.
- 15Spoon pudding into bowls. Top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Brandy Bread Pudding With Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1077.8
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 42.1 g
- Cholesterol 288.3 mg
- Sodium 395.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 69.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g