Recipe by Adrienne in Reisterstown
Is it your birthday? It would be a great time to make chocolate brandy balls. Ok -- any excuse would do to make chocolate brandy balls. My secret? A little sip of Harvey's Bristol Cream on the side. Ok...on the side, in the kitchen, on the back porch...wherever. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits over low heat:.
- Stir in 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs, 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup powdered confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 tablespoon brandy and a pinch of salt.
- Chill; shape into balls the size of large marbles and then roll in 1 cup finely chopped nuts.