Prep 30 mins
Cook 33 mins
Great for serving ice cream in a bowl you can eat! This is adapted from the FoodNetwork Paula Deen Show.
- 10 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate, divided
- 8 -10 small balloons, filled with air
- Place 5 ounces of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining chocolate until thoroughly smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate onto prepared pan to form a small disk.
- Dip the balloon into the disk of chocolate, coating about a third of the balloon.
- Place the dipped end of the balloon on the chocolate disk.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate and balloons. Place in the refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
- In order to release the air from the balloon, pinch the balloon just under the knot and cut a small hole in the surface between fingers and knot.
- Very gradually release air; if air is released too quickly, the bowls may break.
- Carefully peel the deflated balloons from the chocolate bowls.