Recipe by kbmidura
Adapted from "Cooking in the New South." This is a great dessert for people who really love chocolate. It is not as sweet as most pecan pies. Serve with sweetened whipped cream on top. Yum!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt chocolate squares in the microwave.
- Beat melted chocolate with brown sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add corn syrup, bourbon, molasses, and salt.
- Check to see that there are no lumps--this mixture is sticky!
- Fold in pecan halves with a spatula.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake for ten minutes at 425. Lower oven temperature to 325 and back for about 30 minutes more, or until a knife comes out clean from the center.