Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Couldn't resist this one when I saw it! Chocolate, bourbon, pecans...WOW!
Make and share this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Cake - Paula Deen recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl over a double boiler.
- Remove from heat, and set pot aside leaving the bowl on top of pot.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/2 of the sugar in a metal mixing bowl.
- Place bowl over slightly simmering water, and whisk until yolks reach 140ºF.
- Remove bowl from heat and beat egg and sugar mixture with an electric mixer to a ribbon stage.
- Add the Bourbon to the chocolate mixture, then fold the yolk and sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix flour with pecans and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and the remaining sugar to form soft peaks, then fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pan and then place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Once it's frozen, remove sides of springform pan.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack and remove bottom of springform pan.
- Prepare ganache by bringing heavy cream to a boil and pouring cream over chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Set wire rack with cake on top of sheetpan.
- Pour warm lukewarm ganache over cake, coating cake completely, recoating if necessary.
- Gently jiggle wire rack to help drain excess ganache.
- Remove cake from wire rack with spatula and place on a serving plate.