1 hr 5 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Couldn't resist this one when I saw it! Chocolate, bourbon, pecans...WOW!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (1 1/16 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl over a double boiler.
- 4Remove from heat, and set pot aside leaving the bowl on top of pot.
- 5Whisk egg yolks and 1/2 of the sugar in a metal mixing bowl.
- 6Place bowl over slightly simmering water, and whisk until yolks reach 140ºF.
- 7Remove bowl from heat and beat egg and sugar mixture with an electric mixer to a ribbon stage.
- 8Add the Bourbon to the chocolate mixture, then fold the yolk and sugar mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- 9Mix flour with pecans and fold into chocolate mixture.
- 10Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and the remaining sugar to form soft peaks, then fold into chocolate mixture.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 12Allow cake to cool in pan and then place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- 13Once it's frozen, remove sides of springform pan.
- 14Invert cake onto a wire rack and remove bottom of springform pan.
- 15Prepare ganache by bringing heavy cream to a boil and pouring cream over chocolate chips in a bowl.
- 16Whisk until completely smooth.
- 17Set wire rack with cake on top of sheetpan.
- 18Pour warm lukewarm ganache over cake, coating cake completely, recoating if necessary.
- 19Gently jiggle wire rack to help drain excess ganache.
- 20Remove cake from wire rack with spatula and place on a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Cake - Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.0
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 100.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g