24 hrs 20 mins
My friend Judy celebrated Thanksgiving with a sumptuous meal and for dessert she served an array of different pastries and one of them was this Chocolate Bourbon Cake. A wonderful time was had by all and with time I will post some of the fantastic foods from that beautiful evening. She made two and three of everything so as to be able to feed a couple other families - it was lovely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee (we used Cuban coffee)
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1MAKE COFFEE-BOURBON SYRUP:.
- 2Bring sugar, eater and coffee to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook 5 minutes; remove from heat & stir in bourbon.
- 4MAKE CHOCOLATE-BOURBON CAKE:.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F
- 6Grease a 9- x 2-inch cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 7Combine bourbon and sugar in a large saucepan; bring mixture to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat, and add chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.
- 9Set aside, and let cool to room temperature.
- 10Beat in eggs, one at a time, until very well blended.
- 11Fold in flour and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- 12Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- 13Set pan in a large roasting pan filled to depth of 1 inch with hot water.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting with Coffee-Bourbon Syrup every 15 minutes after a crust has developed on cake's surface.
- 15Cool cake; cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 16Transfer cake onto a serving plate, and dust with remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- 17Top with hazelnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bourbon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 104.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g