Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wish I could provide the name of the cookbook where I originally found this recipe, but it fell apart years ago and I only have my favorite scattered pages left with my changes scribbled onto them. These candies are very simple and very tasty, and the original recipe claimed they would last six weeks, if stored in an airtight container (I wouldn't know because mine are eaten long before that!).
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground chocolate wafers
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- additional confectioners' sugar, for dredging
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and dredge them in sifted confectioners sugar.
- If you added additional bourbon, the balls may need dredging more than once.
- Store in airtight containers.