Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request. Little chocolate candy balls with a dangerous bourbon filling ;-) Prep time includes chilling, but all times are estimates.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 (6 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- Melt butter/margarine in microwave in medium bowl Mix in sugar, nuts and bourbon.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- After chilled, shape into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate again until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and half-and-half together in microwave (at medium-high (70%) for about 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until chips are melted) or in double boiler.
- When your mixture is homogenized, drizzle chocolate over candies.
- (You may want to let chocolate mixture cool slighly, but not to the point of solidifying.) Alternately, I believe the balls could be dipped in the sauce.
- Reheat chocolate as needed to keep it liquid.
- Chill on waxed paper.
I chose this recipe specifically because it was gluten free. I don't drink, and find bourbon particularly unappealing, but these were to be a gift. But I didn't feel comfortable giving food without tasting it and OH MY was I surprised! They were so delicious I didn't want to stop eating them!
Other than omitting the nuts for allergy reasons, I followed this recipe exactly. I think this is one of those times when you have to add the nuts! While the flavor was excellent, the balls would not stay formed for me. As soon as they reached room temperature, they were mush to the touch. So.... I have to eat the whole darn try all by myself! They may not be pretty, but they sure do taste good. I think you could get a little silly eating too many of these things too... so beware! Thanks for posting Roosie :)