Recipe by Roosie
Posted by request. Little chocolate candy balls with a dangerous bourbon filling ;-) Prep time includes chilling, but all times are estimates.
Top Review by Jodi Consoli
I chose this recipe specifically because it was gluten free. I don't drink, and find bourbon particularly unappealing, but these were to be a gift. But I didn't feel comfortable giving food without tasting it and OH MY was I surprised! They were so delicious I didn't want to stop eating them!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 (6 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter/margarine in microwave in medium bowl Mix in sugar, nuts and bourbon.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- After chilled, shape into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate again until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and half-and-half together in microwave (at medium-high (70%) for about 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until chips are melted) or in double boiler.
- When your mixture is homogenized, drizzle chocolate over candies.
- (You may want to let chocolate mixture cool slighly, but not to the point of solidifying.) Alternately, I believe the balls could be dipped in the sauce.
- Reheat chocolate as needed to keep it liquid.
- Chill on waxed paper.