Recipe by Sharon123
From the cookbook What's Cooking A Cookbook for Kids, put out by Disney and ideas taken from the movie Ratatouille, this is a fun dessert!
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a nice, very dense, and extremely chocolately dessert. I'm not sure why the cookbook tells you to invert these as they are pretty firm after baking and inverting them did not do anything different to them. They remain looking like a dense muffin/cupcake. We tried them both just dusted with powder sugar and served warmed up with ice cream and the latter was the winner. The ice cream helped with the moisture and balanced the sweetness. It was something new to try and fun to make! Tagged in Newest Zaar tag game. Thanks Sharon for sharing it with me.
- 99.22 g all-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- 236.59 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 340.19 g unsalted butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix eggs and sugar with a handheld mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until very pale in color. Mix in vanilla.
- On low speed, add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients, then 1/3 of butter. Continue alternating with the remaining flour and butter. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine. The batter can be refrigerated up to one day.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. When the tops look shiny and set(like a brownie), test one cake with a toothpick: it should come out clean but not dry.
- Move the bouchons in their liners to a cooling rack. After a few minutes, invert the bouchons and let them cool upside down in their liners; then lift off the liners.
- The bouchons are best eaten the day they are baked.
- Invert bouchons and dust them with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve with ice cream if you like!
- Makes 12 servings. Enjoy!