Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the cookbook What's Cooking A Cookbook for Kids, put out by Disney and ideas taken from the movie Ratatouille, this is a fun dessert!
- 3 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces unsalted butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix eggs and sugar with a handheld mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until very pale in color. Mix in vanilla.
- On low speed, add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients, then 1/3 of butter. Continue alternating with the remaining flour and butter. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine. The batter can be refrigerated up to one day.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. When the tops look shiny and set(like a brownie), test one cake with a toothpick: it should come out clean but not dry.
- Move the bouchons in their liners to a cooling rack. After a few minutes, invert the bouchons and let them cool upside down in their liners; then lift off the liners.
- The bouchons are best eaten the day they are baked.
- Invert bouchons and dust them with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve with ice cream if you like!
- Makes 12 servings. Enjoy!