Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from the blog "Baking and Love" - http://www.caketree.sg/6281339
Make and share this Chocolate Bottom Banana Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and bananas, beating thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add the cocoa to one portion of the batter. Spread that portion in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon remaining batter on top, swirling gently with butter knife if desired, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until batter tests done with a toothpick or fork. Cool and cut into 24 squares.
Easy to make, tastes great! I sprinkled some choc. chips on top of the bottom layer also. This was a great way to use up 3 very ripe bananas that I had.