Recipe by *Parsley*
Very simple; uses a cake mix. Looks ineteresting...I want to try soon.
Top Review by CandyTX
These were pretty good... we served them to our neighbors, invited them over for dessert and drinks :-) All of the kids came back for seconds. Tom didn't like the texture of the banana "topping", but it was an overall hit!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 large bananas)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with foil (or grease and flour it).
- FOR THE BASE:.
- Beat the 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg and butter together on low speed until creamed. Blend in cake mix by hand until combined. It will be very thick, but piable like a soft dough; Press into bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- FOR THE TOPPING:.
- In a bowl, beat together the two 8-oz packages cream cheese, banana, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth, at least 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating only until incorporated.
- Spread cream cheese batter evenly over bottom chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Cool completely. Carefully remove from pan, peel off foil, and cut into 24 squares.