Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I'm adding these to my gift baskets this year. I found the recipe in Better Homes and Gardens. They sound tasty and very easy, and they are quite cute for the kids, (and adults alike!) I like the fact they can be made a week ahead. The cooks at the magazine used Oreo brand sandwich cookies. I can get lollipop sticks at my little cake shop in town. I'll post pictures! (Cooking time is freezing and refrigeration time.)
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate or 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In large food processor bowl combine cookies and 3/4 cup of the nuts; pulse until cookies are crushed. Add orange liqueur, corn syrup, and cocoa powder; process until combined. Add remaining nuts; pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape cookie mixture in 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheet, insert a lollipop stick, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and shortening. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until melted. Remove from heat. Dip pops in chocolate. Return to baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. If using liqueur, flavor will mellow after a day or two. Makes 20 pops.
- To Store: Place in covered container; refrigerate up to 1 week.
Very chocolatey! I added a tsp of orange extract and omitted the pecans (I avoid using nuts when possible due to friends and loved ones with allergies). Easy and quick to make, yet impressive.