Recipe by Lifeizbutadream
Chocolate lovers this is a recipe for you. This can be prepared two ways. 1: in a bowl or 2: made into balls. Fantastic!
- 1 (250 g) package biscuits
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 225 g semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons rum ar cognac
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate and butter in "bain-marie".
- Beat eggs and the yolks with sugar until the mixture becomes white, add cocoa, water and rum.
- After it gets cold, add the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture and stir constantly.
- Add the almonds and the biscuits in small pieces and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl (in the shape of a hemisphere), after having it covered with a plastic membrane to prevent the mixture from soldering.
- Keep "Bomb" in refrigerator.
- Should you like the "Bomb" with chocolate syrup, which you prepare as follows.
- Melt in "bain-marie" 150gr. of dark chocolate with 1/2 cup of cream and 2 tbsps of cognac. Make sure the "Bomb" is cold when pouring over it. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Another way of serving is to place the mixture in the refrigerator to cool, then make small 1 inch round balls and place in baking cups to serve.