This is from the programm BODY BREAK a low fat cake...easy and its good...now if you frost or whatever, you will increase the fat contents... or use a 7 minutes frosting...fat content for this cake as recipe is 2.5 grams per three layer slice including the fill. OH YES this Rises High... yes the cocoa amount of 1 1/2 cups is correct...
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line 3 8 inch cake pans with sprayed parchment paper.
- 3Combine in a bowl flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Combine milk, egg whites, and syrup, and mix well.
- 5Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- 6Pour into cake pans and bake 35- 40 minutes, until tester comes away clean.
- 7When baked remove to rack to cool.
- 8When cooled fill between each layer with the cherry pie fill, and garnish with a low fat whipped cream.
- 9(your choice).
- 10Upon reading a review on this recipe -- Kasha found the cake to bitter , could have been the type of cocoa used we use Frys Cocoa powder, and find that this cake is not sweet, but not that we would say it is bitter and not pleasant tasting.
- 11In the case of exchanging some of the cocoa powder, you would have to remove the exact amount of cocoa and replace with the exact amount of flour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Body Break Cake
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 375.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g