Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the programm BODY BREAK a low fat cake...easy and its good...now if you frost or whatever, you will increase the fat contents... or use a 7 minutes frosting...fat content for this cake as recipe is 2.5 grams per three layer slice including the fill. OH YES this Rises High... yes the cocoa amount of 1 1/2 cups is correct...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 3 8 inch cake pans with sprayed parchment paper.
- Combine in a bowl flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine milk, egg whites, and syrup, and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into cake pans and bake 35- 40 minutes, until tester comes away clean.
- When baked remove to rack to cool.
- When cooled fill between each layer with the cherry pie fill, and garnish with a low fat whipped cream.
- (your choice).
- Upon reading a review on this recipe -- Kasha found the cake to bitter , could have been the type of cocoa used we use Frys Cocoa powder, and find that this cake is not sweet, but not that we would say it is bitter and not pleasant tasting.
- In the case of exchanging some of the cocoa powder, you would have to remove the exact amount of cocoa and replace with the exact amount of flour.
I would love to know if the cocoa amount in this is correct. I made it as is and it is so bitter it is almost impossible to eat. I'm pouring cherry jam over it to serve. Could the writer confirm the amount of cocoa? Otherwise, it rose high, but took 20 minutes longer to cook than I expected. Nice cosistency cake too. I would have to cut the amount of cocoa in half I would think before I tried this one again, but it has possiblities.