Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are so good. I got this from the back of Baker's chocolate squares.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped or 1 1⁄2 cups baker semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 cups pecans (optional) or 2 cups walnuts (optional)
- Microwave chocolate squares in large microwavable bowl on high 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes about 18 large cookies.
- Note: if omitting nuts increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent spreading.
These are very good cookies. Lots of good chocolate and nuts. Easy to make and put together. Thanks so much for the recipe.
I used almond extract instead of vanilla, and pecans. I have never had so many people ask me for a recipe before, they were so good! The almond extract really gave it an amazing flavor...
This Baker's One Bowl Recipe is a real winner, although my recipe is a bit different. I add 1/2 cup peanut butter in with the sugar, and the chopped nuts used are peanuts, not pecans or walnuts. Thus the name for my version is Chocolate Bliss Peanut Butter Cookies.