Recipe by jenlyn33922
A recipe from Prevention magazine, looks heavenly! These are very rich, so only a couple satisfy my chocolate craving without the guilt:)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener, divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with foil.
- In a small bowl sift together cocoa, salt and 1/4 cup of Splenda.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat in remaining 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/2 tablespoon at a time until meringue is glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in cocoa mixture and vanilla extract.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls one inch apart on foiled cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 minutes for soft chewy cookie, or 40 minutes for crisp ones. You can customize these! The longer they bake the lighter they get, just don't over bake.
- Dust cooled cookies with confectioners sugar if desired.