1/1 Photo of Chocolate Blancmange
Recently I was given a box of old cookbooks and cooking magazines. (yea!) This yummy and impressive looking recipe comes from one of those-Family Circle Great Desserts. Chill time is 3 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and chocolate in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture is thickening; bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- 3Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- 4Pour into a 3 cup jello mold; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.
- 5When ready to serve, run a knife around the top, dip mold quickly in and out of hot water, then invert on a serving plate.
- 6Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Blancmange
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g