Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from John La Puma, M.D.’s book, ChefMD’s Big Book of Culinary Medicine. Frozen blackberries give this quick shake a thick texture and gorgeous purple color. You may substitute organic chocolate milk, such as Horizon brand, for the soy chocolate milk. Organic soft tofu may replace the silken tofu. Add the optional agave nectar or dark honey for additional sweetness.
- 2 cups organic soy chocolate milk (such as Organic Valley or Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup organic silken tofu, drained (such as Mori Nu brand)
- 2 cups frozen organic blackberries (such as Cascadian Farm brand)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon agave nectar (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon dark honey (optional)
- Add chocolate milk and tofu to blender. Cover and blend until fairly smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the blackberries and cloves; cover and blend 30 seconds to 1 minute or until thickened.
Absolutely loved the flavor of the blackberries in this smoothie, & although it did opt out of the additional sweetening, I followed the rest of the recipe right on down! My vegetarian son & DIL would totally love this one, I know! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]