Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Given to me by a Gnome
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brewed black tea, cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the egg yolks, butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the black tea. Toss together the flour, baking powder, bread crumbs, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts; fold into the tea mixture until just incorporated.
- In a large clean glass or metal bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the tea batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for at least 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.