Copycat recipe from leanonlife.com: Tastes like a sinfully decadent dessert…but made with sinlessly healthy fruits and vegetables…and nobody ever suspects the deception…for all you naughty chocoholics trying to be good, YOU HAVE JUST ENTERED PARADISE. As luck would have it, Paradise contains immune-boosting sweet potatoes, fiber-filled black beans, heart-healthy nuts and seeds, antioxidant-packed dates and blood sugar-stabilizing coconut oil. Be thankful for that, because these chocolate fudge brownies are luscious morsels of pure, delirious delight that “may” have you coming back for more…and licking the pan…and frantically whipping up another batch. Did I mention that they’re also flour-less, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, high-protein, allergy-friendly, vegan bite-fulls of brownie bliss? AND DID I MENTION THAT THEY ARE 100% CHOCOLATE?! Sigh…
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Brownies
- 538.64 g black beans, drained and rinsed or 538.64 g about 1 1/2 cups of freshly cooked black beans
- 29.58 ml almond butter (for nut allergies, sesame seed butter or sunflower seed butter also work well)
- 473.18 ml pitted dates, soaked for an hour and drained
- 236.59 ml cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml coconut oil
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- chopped nuts (optional)
For the Frosting
- 158.51 ml baked sweet potato (just bake a sweet potato in the oven or microwave until very soft, let it cool, cut it in half and s)
- 118.29 ml pitted dates, soaked for an hour and drained
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 59.16 ml almond butter (for nut allergies, sesame seed butter or sunflower seed butter also work well)
- 118.29 ml coconut milk
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1For the Brownies: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Throw all of the ingredients into a powerful food processor or blender. Blend until it makes a smooth, thick batter.
- 3Add chopped nuts and pulse a few times, just so that they are distributed through the batter (optional).
- 4Spoon the batter evenly into an oiled baking pan.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes, and then let it cool completely before you add the frosting.
- 6For the Frosting: In a food processor or blender, blend milk, dates, almond butter and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- 7Add sweet potato and cocoa powder; blend until smooth and fluffy.
- 8Use a spatula to spread the chocolate frosting on to the cooled brownies.
- 9Ensure no one is looking, and proceed to lick the remainder of the frosting off of the spatula.
- 10Sprinkle the frosted brownies with chopped nuts (optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Black Bean Brownies With Delicious Sweet Potato Frosti
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 53.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g