Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Copycat recipe from leanonlife.com: Tastes like a sinfully decadent dessert…but made with sinlessly healthy fruits and vegetables…and nobody ever suspects the deception…for all you naughty chocoholics trying to be good, YOU HAVE JUST ENTERED PARADISE. As luck would have it, Paradise contains immune-boosting sweet potatoes, fiber-filled black beans, heart-healthy nuts and seeds, antioxidant-packed dates and blood sugar-stabilizing coconut oil. Be thankful for that, because these chocolate fudge brownies are luscious morsels of pure, delirious delight that “may” have you coming back for more…and licking the pan…and frantically whipping up another batch. Did I mention that they’re also flour-less, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, high-protein, allergy-friendly, vegan bite-fulls of brownie bliss? AND DID I MENTION THAT THEY ARE 100% CHOCOLATE?! Sigh…
For the Brownies
- 19 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed or 19 ounces about 1 1/2 cups of freshly cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (for nut allergies, sesame seed butter or sunflower seed butter also work well)
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked for an hour and drained
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- chopped nuts (optional)
For the Frosting
- 2⁄3 cup baked sweet potato (just bake a sweet potato in the oven or microwave until very soft, let it cool, cut it in half and s)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, soaked for an hour and drained
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons almond butter (for nut allergies, sesame seed butter or sunflower seed butter also work well)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Brownies: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw all of the ingredients into a powerful food processor or blender. Blend until it makes a smooth, thick batter.
- Add chopped nuts and pulse a few times, just so that they are distributed through the batter (optional).
- Spoon the batter evenly into an oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and then let it cool completely before you add the frosting.
- For the Frosting: In a food processor or blender, blend milk, dates, almond butter and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Add sweet potato and cocoa powder; blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Use a spatula to spread the chocolate frosting on to the cooled brownies.
- Ensure no one is looking, and proceed to lick the remainder of the frosting off of the spatula.
- Sprinkle the frosted brownies with chopped nuts (optional).