Recipe by I'mPat
From Diabetes Australia The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook in response to a request for diabetic friendly sweet treats. Times are estimates.
Top Review by Tisme
I made these for my DH who loves anything with nuts in it. These biscuits were very easy to make, I found them a little bland but DH liked them. I made mine a little larger than a 20c piece (laziness) and it made 24. I will be making these again, and thanks for posting another great nut recipe Pat.
- 1 cup rolled oats (80 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Lightly oil baking (cookie sheet) tray.
- Combine rolled oats, coconut, both flours, cocoa, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan and add to the dry ingredients, then add the water and then the currants and peanuts and stir so all is well combined and mixed through.
- Roll the mixture into balls the size of a 20 cent piece and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.