Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe a cookbook from The Loveless Cafe in Nashville Tennessee. A great way to use left over biscuits. Must try!
- Preheat ove to 400 degrees.
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Soak the biscuits in the milk for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cocoa,sugar,butter,eggs, and vanilla and mix together.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I had some biscuits that had been in my fridge for a couple of days and I was about to throw them out. Then I happened to remember that my Mom has made a chocolate bread pudding out of biscuits before, so I came here to find a recipe like it. This one is pretty close, but my Mom's has a richer chocolate flavor. Next time I will use more cocoa, or maybe some Hershey's chocolate syrup. If you have medium to large biscuits, I think 5 or 6 would be plenty. Thanks for the recipe!