Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe in Australia's number 1 food magazine, Super Food Ideas. I adore a biscotti and coffee.
- 1 cup plain gluten-free flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- Sift flours, sugar, cocoa, xanthan gum, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add water and eggs, mixing well.
- Turn dough onto gluten free floured surface.
- Knead until smooth.
- Shape into 2 x 30 cm logs.
- Place on lightly greased over tray.
- Bake in moderate oven (180c) for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using a bread knife, cut into 3/4 cm slices.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking tray.
- Bake for an extra 15 to 20 minutes, or until crisp.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.