Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is a modification to Chantel's Totally awesome Biscotti and the few test runs I have done has received excellent reviews.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 tablespoons espresso coffee (or other very strong coffee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 white chocolate chips
- 1 inch paraffin wax, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sugar and butter.
- Scramble the eggs until foamy then add vanila and cooled coffee. Mix well then add to sugar & butter mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts (almonds, hazelnuts or pistachios) to mixture.
- Mix flour, cocoa and baking powder together and add to bowl, mix well.
- Form 2 loaves and place on greased cookie sheet and bake in 350'F oven for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut into 3/4 to 1 inch slices and bake another 20 mins, flipping the biscotti pieces 1/2 way through cooking. Let cool.
- Melt parafin wax and white chocolate chips in double boiler. Pour into small freezer bag and snip the smallest piece from the lower corner of the bag. Use this to drizzle white chocolate over the biscotti.
- Let cool and keep in airtight container or freezer.