Top Review by a la mode
WOW! I loved them:) They were very-much crunchy and yummy:) I did make a few alterations though, sorry, I used 3 egg whites and whole wheat flour:) It was wonderful and beautiful:)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons flavoring (I used raspberry. Orange or almond would work nicely too)
- 2 egg substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- to taste liquor (to match)
- to taste flavoring (I used Chambord)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking baking powder.
- Separately, mix flavoring and eggs.
- Combine. Add splash of liquor or water as needed to have a sticky consistency.
- If the mixture is too stiff, it won't spread out properly.
- Put this glob on a greased cookie sheet and arrange it into a log about 15 inch es long and 1 1/2 - 2" wide. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, then slice diagonally into 1/2- 3/4" slices.
- I got 18 pieces from mine. Place the slices on their side and put back in the oven (300 degrees) for 15 minutes.
- Turn over and cook another 10-15 minutes.
- If you can afford the fat, a small drizzle of semisweet chocolate is wonderful on these when cooled.
- I used about 2 Tbsp. for all the cookies, which added about 6 g. fat to the recipe or 1/3 g. fat each one.