Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice with coffee or tea...or hot chocolate yum!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking baking powder.
- Separately, mix flavoring and eggs. Combine.
- Add water as needed to have a sticky consistency. If the mixture is too stiff, it won't spread out properly.
- Put this glob on a greased cookie sheet and arrange it into a log about 15 inches long and 1 1/2 - 2" wide.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, then slice diagonally into 1/2- 3/4" slices.
- Place the slices on their side and put back in the oven (300 degrees) for 15 minutes.
- Turn over and cook another 10-15 minutes.
I tried this recipe and I kept having to add liquid. I did something wrong or I just do not like biscotti without added fat. It would not dry out either. The taste is ok, I had no almond extract and used vanilla. Would have been better with almond.