Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chocolate, caramel, pecans... wonderful! So easy, from Old Fashioned Living.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely crushed crisp rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In top of double boiler over low heat, melt caramels with water.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and cereal.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased waxed paper.
- Chill until firm.
- Melt Chocolate chips and shortening in the double boiler or heavy saucepan and dip candies until coated.
- Place on wax paper and chill until set.
- Store in airtight container.
These were so easy and a welcome addition to my Christmas goodies. Only difference I used milk choc chips
Chewy, crispy with caramel and chocolate. We loved them. My GD and I made them.
I LOVE the rice krispies mixed with that gooey caramel. What a delight! I smuggle them into the theatre when I go to the movies! Try them dipped into melted white chocolate! divine!