Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a trifle that my daughter sent to team suppers with my granddaughter. The kids gobbled it up. The parents loved it, too. The bowl always came home empty.
- 113.39 g package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 354.88 ml cold milk
- 226.79 g container whipped topping (thawed)
- 283.49 g packagepound cake or 283.49 g packagea loaf cake
- 59.14 ml strawberry jam
- 236.59 ml raspberries (fresh)
- 236.59 ml strawberry (fresh)
- 1 banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 1-2 minutes till well blended.
- Gently stir in the whipped topping and mix well; set aside.
- Cut the cake into 12 slices and spread 6 slices with the strawberry jam.
- Place the other 6 slices on top of the jam slices so that it is like 6 sandwiches and then cut these into 1/2" cubes.
- Place half the cake cubes in a trifle dish or decorative bowl.
- Cover this layer with 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup strawberries sliced.
- Slice the banana on top of this layer.
- Top with 1 cup of the pudding mixture.
- Layer again with the cake cubes, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, and topping (no more banana).
- Garnish with 3-4 pretty strawberries or a few raspberries.
- Refrigerate for several hours.