Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Moist chocolate cake with subtle berry flavour. Excellent introduction to tofu in a dessert. Only you will know it is made with tofu. 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour may be substituted for 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 (300 g) packagepete's very berry tofu
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened (reduced fat non-hydroginated works well)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease one 9-inch (23 cm) pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Puree tofu in food processor or blender.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and pureed tofu; set aside.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips).
- Pour tofu mixture into the flour mixture and stir until blended; do not over mix.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted; cool in pan.